This, my friends, is the 300th post on The 100 Billionth Person blog. The number 300 is significant in many of life’s endeavors:
• In baseball, a batting average of .300 or more is excellent.
• A baseball pitcher who has 300 lifetime wins is a hall-of-fame candidate.
• In bowling, a score of 300 is a perfect game.
• In football, the distance between the goal lines is 300 feet.
• It takes a pressure of 300 pounds per square inch to crack open a macadamia nut.
• It takes 300 barrels of water to produce one barrel of beer.
• There are 300 varieties of asparagus.
• Couples fight 300 times a year.
• In the United States, there is one lawyer for every 300 people (or 150 fighting couples).
But forget all that. We are here to celebrate the 300th post on this blog. Here is a lookback on the posts that entertained the handfuls of you who care. Thanks for joining me.
The 100 Billionth Person: 300 Posts, 300 Seconds