Hindu New Year is April 15 this year, so I’m a little early. But here are my resolutions:
• Stop talking back to the TV, even (and especially) when Dr. Phil is on.
• Better yet, walk out of the room when Dr. Phil is on.
• Make a more concerted effort to get together with friends, past and present.
• Take some damn lessons finally so I can play some golf without losing a half-dozen balls.
• Pick up the camera now and again, walk around town and shoot, then have some lunch. It might make me feel like an artist.
• Make a meaningful contribution to NPR.
• Lose 12 pounds in 2012 as a prelude to losing another 13 pounds in 2013. The idea is to stay healthy, so as to fully enjoy and engage in what our world has to offer.
• Fix that creaking floor next to the closet. They say that every time you eliminate one of life’s little annoyances, an angel gets its wings.
• Devote more time to good books and cut my losses with bad books. I have a tendency to slog through bad books as if there were some kind of prize at the end.
• I will give my wife more kisses than last year.
• I will vote for Obama no matter what I think of his accomplishments or lack of them, because I know the alternatives are worse and I cannot be slave to principle.
• Whenever I write a new post for this blog, I resolve to consider: will someone enjoy reading this? And then I will go ahead and post it anyway.
As Yoko said, let’s hope it’s a good one, without any fear.