Odds & Ends
There has to be at least one gallery here devoted to the off-beat, the stranger things I shoot that defy categorization. Here is a set of twelve such photos, culled from the hundreds of odd images in my archive. But only the strangest shots will ever do, no other shots will do.
• Horse Race — Carnival in Ahaus, Germany (2007)
• Playground — Public park in Ahaus, Germany (2007)
• Sawdust — Asheville, NC (2007). The stuff that fell through the holes of the pegboard I had cut.
• Perry Mason and Coffee Table — Asheville, NC (2023)
• Ready to Eat — Ottawa, Ontario (2013). My lunchmates were pretending they weren’t with me.
• the hot dog King — Asheville, NC (2009). Site is now occupied by a hotel.
• Ragdoll Window — Waynesville, NC (2016)
• U-Turn — Hilton Head Island, SC (2008)
• Pastel Testers — Created by patrons of the Metropolitan Museum gift shop, New York City (2015)
• Sandburg’s Bathroom — Carl Sandburg Home, Flat Rock, NC (2010)
• Eh There! — Canadian Museum of History, Gatineau, Quebec (2013)
• Teal and Denim — Mount Vernon, Virginia (2001). Color negative film.
Leave a Reply