It may be hubris on my part to present vacation photos as art, but I try to take interesting images even if they are from a resort area and (gasp) include beaches and sunrises. We were in the Fort Lauderdale / Pompano Beach area in February 2018 and had a great time visiting museums and gardens and enjoying the weather.
Photo titles and notes:
• Along the A1A — shot from our car window near Fort Lauderdale. Miles of beaches.
• Condo Abstract — I have never seen so many condos in my life, a virtual explosion.
• Sunrise over Pompano Beach
• Poolside at Daybreak — at the Beachcomber Resort in Pompano. I like the dim lighting here.
• Path to the Beach — just beyond the pool area. I believe the plant is called sea grapes (closeup below).
• Beachside at Sunrise
• Hammock and Its Shadow
• Time and Tide
• Portuguese Man-o’-War Defending Its Nest — these creatures were everywhere. Apparently this was the season for them.
• Morikami Gardens — a beautiful two-hour walk through Japanese garden art. Highly recommend it.
• Bird at Morikami Gardens
• Whale Fries at The Whale’s Rib — a decent raw bar at Deerfield Beach. Other good lunch spots were Hurricane Alley (Boynton Beach), JBs on the Beach (Deerfield Beach) and Southport Raw Bar (Fort Lauderdale).
These are beautiful, Craig!!
Jeebus, Craig – you two must have had a terrific time. Your eye for scenes and composition is clearly evident throughout these. Very tough to pick a “fave” but, if pressed, I’d have to go with Condo Abstract. With Along the A1A as !st runner-up, should Condo Abstract be unable to fulfill its duties . . .
Best photos I’ve seen in a LONG time!!! What an eye!
The Morikami….a favorite place….
Craig Collins — Your photography is OUTSTANDING…gorgeous! Wow. I agree with Joanne that these are the best photos I’ve seen in a LONG TIME! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL. You should have a one man show at the Butler.