It may be hubris on my part to present vacation photos as art, but I try to take interesting images even if they are from a resort area and (gasp) include beaches and sunrises. We were in the Fort Lauderdale / Pompano Beach area in February 2018 and had a great time visiting museums and gardens and enjoying the weather. Here is the evidence.
Photo titles and notes:
• Along the A1A — shot from our car window near Fort Lauderdale. Miles of beaches.
• Condo Abstract — I have never seen so many condos in my life, a virtual explosion.
• Sunrise over Pompano Beach
• Poolside at Daybreak — at the Beachcomber Resort in Pompano. I like the dim lighting here.
• Path to the Beach — just beyond the pool area. I believe the plant is called sea grapes (closeup below).
• Beachside at Sunrise
• Hammock and Its Shadow
• Time and Tide
• Portuguese Man-o’-War Defending Its Nest — these creatures were everywhere. Apparently this was the season for them.
• Morikami Gardens — a beautiful two-hour walk through Japanese garden art. Highly recommend it.
• Bird at Morikami Gardens
• Whale Fries at The Whale’s Rib — a decent raw bar at Deerfield Beach. Other good lunch spots were Hurricane Alley (Boynton Beach), JBs on the Beach (Deerfield Beach) and Southport Raw Bar (Fort Lauderdale).