Pandemic Projects Part III

Both of these are “after” photos… after almost a month of clean-out and sorting, that is.

I’m not sure how all those books (13 boxes, left) ever fit on these shelves (right) together with those that remain.*  May the old books find new readers via Habitat for Humanity.

Don’t worry, we did not drink all the liquor that was originally in those liquor boxes — not last month, anyway.

_______________

* Authors whose name appears multiple times on our shelves, post-cleanup: Asimov, Coetzee, Cohen, Eliot, Ferlinghetti, Franzen, Fromm, Gibran, Hamilton, Hardy, Hemingway, Hesse, Hitchens, Hofstatder, Kafka, Lamb, Maugham, McCann, Morrison, Munro, Oates, Sandburg, Silverstein, Undset, Vonnegut.   I’ve read at least one work by maybe half of these authors.  Your multiple-book author list?
Share your thoughts about this post (below).
More in Life | Subscribe.

8 Responses to Pandemic Projects Part III

1. Rick says:

I have around 500 books. I managed to get rid of 100 of them and brought them to the library and to Goodwill. I’m having trouble getting rid of the rest of my babies. How did you manage to do it?

• Craig says:

Do you mean, how did we decide to part with the ones that we did? For one thing, there was simply no more room on the shelves.

2. Rob says:

Yeah, my estate handlers are going to have to get rid of my books–which are awfully hard to give away anymore. Everything else except guitars and what I’ve written is pretty much dispensable as I get to it.

• Craig says:

Rob, do you mean you’re finding it hard to part with them, or finding someone willing to take them? Our library used to accept donations but they have stopped, saying that because of Covid their used book supply is now overwhelming them — no shoppers. I haven’t actually trucked ours over to Habitat yet, but their website says they accept books.

3. Stephanie Velsmid says:

Great job Craig!!! Now the question is how long do you think it will take before it reverts back to the pre clean look!!!!! I could send you a few cartons of good books that I have read during the pandemic 😜!!!!
    Just joking around. I think I will need the pandemic to last another 10 years to get all my bookshelves and closets cleaned out!!!!

4. Eric says:

Marie Kondo would approve!

5. Judi says:

Love bringing order to chaos! congrats!